Question

Setting up parent directory visits on one chart

• 18 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

What I’d like to achieve is

1. Set up a chart where I can see Page Views but grouped by parent directory i.e. how many visits does /blog/ , /resources/ etc. have but I’d like to have it on one chart

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Patryk! If you’re using Amplitude’s Browser SDK, Amplitude will automatically create a Page Path event property. In an Event Segmentation chart, click the Page Viewed event, then click group by → Page Path. This should get you what you’re looking for!

Hey Larkin , thanks. That I know but what I want is for my results to be less granular(?) so I don’t want the exact address. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Patryk Pawelec 

Does the “Page Location” property ( that is available now via the SDK ) working in your case?

If that is too granular as well, then a couple of options would be-

• Using Derived Properties to extract the parent directory from your page path/ url property
  • Using multiple page view events in your event seg chart , wherein each event is filtered on the parent directory keyword ( using glob match operator ) and rename the event segments per your results.

Hope this helps.

I’ve created multiple events and put them all in one chart but I suppose I’ll need to tak a closer look into those Derived Properties