Not able to apply event property on funnel

• 10 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey! Every time my team deploys a new event I create a table to check if the events are being populated as intended.

I did the same for a new flow we started tracking and the properties for the events are there. BUT when I try to apply them in the funnel view, they do not appear (it only shows ~1% of the occasions).

What am I doing wrong? I've tried to add the event filter on "grouped by" and on "holding constant", neither work.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here @Mauricio.Castro and excuse the delay. I found this other post that might help. we also have a Funnel Analysis FAQ and overview that might help. Keep me posted!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Jeremie Gluckman! I am not sure if I got it, do you want me to do the same as Brandon (login again)? If that's the case, i already did it and nothing happens.

Can you please advise?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @Mauricio.Castro. I’ll see if others from my team can take a closer look at your specific setup. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Cool, thanks for the update, @Jeremie Gluckman. Waiting to see if you guys can help me :)

I can provide some screenshots if it helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Mauricio.Castro

The first thing I’d suggest checking is that you are in the same Project ID that the new event is instrumented in. Sometimes when you change chart types, the Project gets switched without noticing. 

To troubleshoot, are you able to see the event properties under this event when you switch to an Event Segmentation chart? 

It is possible that if the event is very new and hasn’t received data yet. If so, the values have not been ingested and the event is still in the “planned” state in Data. Once data is ingested, this should show up in dropdowns on a funnel chart. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Loc Tran!

I am able to see the event properties when I put them in a table, for instance. Here are the screenshots.

The first one is the table I mentioned that I always create to see if the events are being populated with everything needed.

The second screenshot is from the table generated by the funnel, you'll see that there are way less properties appearing there.

Both screenshots shows the same event, so it should appear in the funnel as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Mauricio.Castro 

Thanks for sending the screenshots. Are you still missing the properties in the funnel chart breakdown?

If it hasn’t resolved after a few days of processing, I think we can turn this issue into a support ticket so I can take a closer look and not share any org-identifying information here in the Community Post. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Loc Tran and @Jeremie Gluckman! I was on PTO, that's why it took me longer to reply, sorry about that.

I still cannot see the properties in the funnel chart.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @Mauricio.Castro. We’ll follow up with the team.