Solved

Missing chart title in redesigned chart controls

• 21 April 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is it just me or are the new redesigned charts missing the chart titles? 

Expected design with chart title

Actual design missing chart title 

icon

Best answer by Zhenia Semenina 16 May 2023, 16:34

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Anthony
AFAIK, the expected behavior should be that a saved chart should always have its title persistent even while making edits.
From what I have seen from new UI, if you are making edits to a saved chart they have introduced a “DRAFT” label next to the chart title to convey that it’s a draft.
I tried creating a similar chart and then saving it in the new UI. Once I saved the chart, the title persisted throughout the next edits that I made.

From your screenshot, it looks like the chart in question is a saved chart. So it might be a UI bug that’s not displaying your chart title atm.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Anthony this might be a bug, I see titles on my segmentation charts. I’ve filed this and will keep you posted! (Did the titles end up appearing?)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

No, they’re still not appearing for old or new charts in Safari or Chrome browsers on my Mac 🤷🏽‍♂️

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

😰 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My colleague is seeing the chart titles, but I’m not seeing them in Safari or Chrome, even when using a private browser window in Chrome. Since it seems localized to my account, I re-opened the bug ticket. Will notify here when solved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Anthony looks like someone from the support team reached out asking for more details. I’ll add the screenshots above to your ticket but if you have more, please drop them here or in the email that was sent to you on May 1.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I tried to reply to the May 1 email but the ticket was already closed and my reply got rejected. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’ll open a new one. Now that all charts default to the new layout, Amplitude is extremely hard to use. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Anthony thanks for your feedback and I uploaded the screenshots from this thread to the new ticket you opened with Zhenia. Also sending you a DM to get more feedback re: new layout.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there Anthony, 

We still have a pending ticket but I think it will be easier if we close the loop on this here: can you please shoot me a DM with the chart link that refuses to be renamed?

I’ll look into this! 

Best,

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks @Zhenia Semenina!

All of them! 🙃

Only when logged in my specific account, NONE of the charts have titles. Other users’ accounts can see titles just fine. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This is solved now. It was apparently just a bug that only affected my account. Support team was able to fix it. Thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Zhenia Semenina

It’s broken again. The old design is back and I can’t update to the new one. 

https://app.amplitude.com/analytics/play2pay/chart/kc6hbn9n