Solved

how to calculate Active Purchase user per month

• 12 July 2023
  • 1 reply

"I want to calculate the number of active purchasing users in Amplitude. The concept is similar to Monthly Active Users (MAU). Specifically, I define active purchasing users as unique users who have made at least one purchase within a given period.

For example, assuming the average churn cycle is three months, users who haven't made a purchase within the past three months starting from the selected month would be classified as churned.

If we take the date range from January 2022 to December 2022, the idea is to count the number of unique users who made a purchase within the most recent three months for each month.

Could you provide ideas on how to achieve this using Amplitude's 'add rolling' and 'add offset' features?"

Please note that the translation provided is based on the context you provided. Feel free to make any adjustments if necessary.

i am not sure it correct or not..

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 13 July 2023, 02:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @alfredo 

From what it looks, you seem to have the right chart settings for your user segment based on your question. The rolling 3 months clause will include users who have had atleast 1 purchase in aggregate over the last 3 months relative to the chart month. You might want to change the segmentation by “Any Active Event” instead of your purchase event.