Solved

How does "completed within" and “earliest longest” work for funnels

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I am confused around the logic around "completed within" and “earliest longest” for funnels

Let’s assume a funnel with the following criteria: A → B → C, and I set a conversion window of one hour

• user does A at 1pm
  • A again at 1:30pm
  • B at 1:45pm
  • C at 2:15pm

And I'm doing funnel analysis counting unique users. How would Amplitude analyze this funnel?

Did they complete within 1 hour? I've tried reading the docs and am still very confused.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dangrainger 15 April 2024, 12:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The “set your time options” section in this article gives some guidance @Andrew Lee
https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053338671-Interpret-your-funnel-analysis. But...it’s not completely clear on cases where there might be >1 instance of the funnel entry event and >1 instance of the funnel complete event. So I just tested it out as it was bugging me!

My testing revealed that when there is >1 instance of the entry event (for a given user) the funnel UI takes the timestamp of the latest instance….so in your example it takes the 1:30pm for A and will therefore count as a completion of A>C with an hour conversion window (given C timestamp is 2:15pm). If a given user has >1 instance of the completion event (C) the funnel UI seems to take the timestamp of the first of those.