Solved

funnel analysis with multiple conversions

• 3 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi all! Is it possible to track multiple conversions in a funnel report?

For example, in a 2-step funnel, step 1 would be a single event, but then step 2 could be one a few different events – and a user could complete any number of them, and they’d all be included in the report.

Essentially I’m trying to avoid building a separate report for each different event I want to measure in step 2, because step 1 will remain the same (and I also want to break it down by particular property of step 1).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 4 March 2022, 19:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @chris1008 

Looks like you could use a custom event by combining the different events you want the user to complete in step 2.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge

This might work @Saish Redkar! Perhaps a silly question, but with a two events combined into a single custom event, is it possible to now see the funnel analysis broken down by those two events?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That won’t be possible I guess. Broken down by step is only applicable to event properties.

You might get through this if there is an event property for those individual events which can uniquely identify the event and use that to break down your Step 2.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @chris1008 ,

I agree with @Saish Redkar here! I think the custom event would be the best option for the Funnel Analysis chart as it will allow you to consider the custom event as triggered if any of the events that make up the custom event are triggered. As you cannot use the Event Name property in the step breakdown clause , I would do what Saish suggests and add this as an event property to your events so that you can breakdown by that property. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further help!

Kind Regards,
Denis

Badge

Appreciate the help - thank you both.