Solved

Event filter problem

• 26 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I am seeing a difference between what I filter and the data that is shown. 

1. Filters; initial_utm_medium does not contain cpc 
  2. Data; there is a record exactly with that 
1. Filters

2. Data shown

Why could this happen? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Loc Tran 6 January 2023, 17:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @trosen

Thank you for the screenshots of this issue. Is “initial_utm_medium” an event property or a user property? Also, can this property value change when another event is sent to Amplitude? 

The reason I ask is that when you download a .CSV of users, the file will contain each user’s most-recently sent user property values. I think this might be the cause, but let me know those first two questions and I can take a closer look! Thanks. 

Best, 

Loc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Loc Tran!

• initial_utm_medium is a user property
  • It shouldn’t change. That’s why we have a property called “initial_utm_medium” and another one called “utm_medium”. The last one can change multiple times, the first one shouldn’t.

Is there any way to see this? Could I confirm this somehow? (that it doesn´t change)

Thanks!

Regards,

Tal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @trosen

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the late response! You can do a user look-up and view their individual event stream and see what the value was at the time “Deal Won” was performed. 

The user properties displayed with each event in a user's individual event stream capture the value of the user property at the time of the event. The exported file will show the most recent user property values. I think this user may have fired an event after Deal Won that had a value with “cpc” and that’s why you see it. 

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002380567-User-properties-and-event-properties#h_856d23e3-10ea-4398-a50d-4982a42d1f3f

Let me know if you have questions or concerns!

Best, 
Loc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Loc Tran,

Don’t worry. But that was exactly the case, we figured it out a couple of days ago.

Thanks!