Solved

Data Table Column Limits

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Wanted to know how many ‘top level group by’ are allowed within a data table? It seems to be limited to 5. I’d like to build a pretty big report for contract management, but that doesn't seem possible.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 22 August 2022, 19:31

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Cortney Ketchum
Not completely sure, but I think this limit is translated directly from the group by limit on an event seg chart, wherein only a max of 5 group bys can be added to the event.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Saish Redkar if that is the case, is there another way to add more columns of data?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Cortney Ketchum,

Thank you for posting this question! Saish is totally correct that this limit is translated directly from the group by limit on an event seg chart so we only support 5 group bys. If you could share your use case with me, I will gladly submit a feature request to the Product team!

Best,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Yuanyuan Zhang I would definitely like to put in a feature request. How long does something like this takes to get worked on? Our Use Case Is: We run reports on our customer contract management lifecycle. It includes every touchpoint from when a customer is created until they go through our KYC Approval process. In order to keep track of this process we need to be able to pull a report that can have unlimited group by’s within the data table. I understand you are not able to do this with any of the other reporting, but I was under the assumption this was a capability within the data table.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Cortney Ketchum Thanks for sharing your use case. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Cortney Ketchum

Our product team is curious to know how many group bys you would likely have. We support 5 today, but would be helpful to know how high that number can go if we want to think about lifting the limit. Let me know! Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Yuanyuan Zhang the ideal limit (which is what we have with our current tool) is unlimited, but if you need a number I’d say up to 50 group by’s would work. I’ve shared an example of how our current tool allows you to group multiple events. This then is exported to a CSV report with all data included and I can work on creating a presentable report from there.

Badge

Any traction on this year-old feature request to up the number of allowed group by’s on event segmentation / data table charts? :) 

Any traction on this year-old feature request to up the number of allowed group by’s on event segmentation / data table charts? :) 

+1 interested on this too!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@ccanamas @Gorka Puente none that I know of. I’m also awaiting an update on time spent on a single page as this is an out of the feature of other tools.