Solved

custom metric permitted events and other related things

• 11 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

@jennru

Are we not allowed to refer to Cohorts we’ve created as part of custom metrics?

For our situation, I’m trying to create a custom metric for the third column in second image below.

The first column is just users to a page.  

The second column is users to that page who were part of a cohort. That custom cohort is users who viewed a thank-you page, which is for us our final conversion step.

Third column is intended to be second column divided by first column, as percentage.

Within first image below is the available events, and the event is viewed page filtered to that cohort.  Trying to work out some combination that makes that work in some fashion.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by JennRu 12 March 2024, 01:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Herb Lau thank you for reaching out. Great callout, you cannot reference a cohort in a data tables chart metric at this time. Thinking out loud ...

1. create a second segment in your data tables chart that references the cohort
  2. this will then enable you to collapse column 2 “Viewed Loan TV Page” since the 2nd segment will split up column 1 into 2 for the All Users segment vs Cohort segment

^^This will enable you to see the uniques for all users vs uniques of cohort users (which I recognize is the exact same view you already have now)

I was going to then suggest to add a second column with a custom metric formula for %:UNIQUES(A1)/UNIQUES(A2)  (or A2/A1 contingent on the ordering of the segments) but I tested this out and it looks like we don’t support referencing a segment in a formula in data tables at this time
:( 

I’ve surfaced this to the product team and will get back to you when I learn if this is a known limitation that will be worked on this year or if there’s a technical limitation preventing product from enabling this in data tables. 

A final thought for now - contingent on the complexity of your cohort (and if you can remove any time interval dependencies), you could recreate the event+property filters in the selected events when building your custom metric. I recognize this will not be an exact match at the cohort though.