Solved

Computing and displaying WAU percentage

• 9 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Our team wants to track WAU within our “Target Users” cohort. The numerator should be the number of target users who have an active event in the last 7 days. The denominator should be the total number of target users.

I want to display WAU of Target Users as a percentage KPI on our dashboard.

I tried to accomplish this by creating a segmentation chart and selecting Active %. I also tried using a Formula of UNIQUES(A1)/UNIQUES(A2) where A1 = Target Users who have an active event and A1 = Target Users. However, inclusion in the segmentation chart is based on whether the user has Any Active Event which means the denominator is incorrect. I need to make the denominator all Target Users rather than pre-filtering on those who have Any Active Event.

In terms of displaying the result, I’ve selected to display it in KPI format so it’s a single number, rather a line chart format on the dashboard.

I’d like advice on how to compute and display the WAU percentage. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by timothy-permutable 11 October 2022, 09:33

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

This is potentially quite difficult - the Amplitude model leans towards defining segments and cohorts in terms of their activity.

How do you define your “Target Users”? Would it be true that all of your “Target Users” have fired an Amplitude event at some point of time? This would be a pre-requisite for building that segment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I would have to agree with @timothy-permutable here but if you can define your target users and they have all fired an event at some point, you could then count the uniques of the users in that cohort and divide by the users in that cohort who have done an active event in the last 7 days. I think what you want to do is quite difficult in Amplitude.