Solved

Change time filter on charts you don't own

• 14 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, 

We have a dashboard that contains charts owned by multiple people. This dashboard is shared externally with the client. We recently exceeded the 365 days time filter limit on a lot of the charts. I maintain the dashboard and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to update the time filter on all the charts without having to recreate a lot of them (ones I dont own). 

I would appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to bring our dashboard back to live for the anxious client. 

icon

Best answer by Jacenda Davis 15 September 2022, 18:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey @aalqaroot ,

Do you have edit access to the dashboard? If not, select “Share” in the top right corner and add yourself as a dashboard editor. Then you can adjust the date filter and select “Save Parameters”.

You might be given an option to save over the existing charts or create copies of the charts. If you save over existing, all the charts on the dashboard will be updated to that new date filter. This works for me when I am a dashboard editor, even if I do not own or have edit access to the charts on the dashboard. (Note: I am an admin user, not sure if that makes a difference)

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @SheenaGreen  

Thanks for your response. 

I’ve tried what you explained, it works great in my view of the dashboard but not in the shared view with the client.

For charts I own, updating the time filter like described in your response works well in the shared view. However, the charts that I do not own they update in my view of the dashboard but are still disappeared in the shared view. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Here’s what I did to accomplish what I needed: 

Create a copy of the dashboard, and make sure to check the box below in order to be the owner on all charts: 

Now that I am the owner on all charts, I am able to make changes to the time filter on all charts and have it be reflected in a new version of the shared dashboard with the client. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@aalqaroot nice! Thanks for sharing your resolution, that’s helpful to know!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @aalqaroot ! Thanks for your questions and happy to help.

At this time, Dashboard and Template filters are not supported on public links and this is why the link you shared with your client did not reflect the date range filters you had applied. 

As a workaround, you will need to save the date range as default on the source charts contained in your dashboard using the “...” → “Save onto Charts” selection:

*Please note, you will only be able to use “Save onto Charts” if you are an owner of all of the charts used on the dashboard.

This is why you had to first make a copy of the dashboard and check the “Create new copies of the dashboard’s charts” selection in order to be an owner of all of the charts: 

I hope this helps to provide more clarity as to why the filters did not initially reflect in the public link! Let us know if you have any further questions.