Can't set up web attribution

• 14 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have implemented amplitude via the ampli cli in my project and am trying to populate the UTM web attribution properties. There is not an option to `includeUtm`  in the config like there was in the legacy javascript SDK. We use ampli cli alongside the following package:

"@amplitude/analytics-browser": "^1.6.1",

I’ve tried using the "@amplitude/plugin-web-attribution-browser" plugin but it still is not working. I am not sure if I am missing some part of the setup for UTM params. There is mention of “@amplitude/marketing-analytics-browser” package in the documentation, but I don’t have control over what package is used when I “ampli pull” my config using the ampli cli. This is why I tried to use the plugin. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Update - I was able to get a link that included some UTM params, but they don’t populate the `initial_utm_...` parameters and stay as `utm_campaign` etc. How can I get the initial_utm params to populate?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Ash Ringler HE

Thank you for the post! 

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I am happy to convert this post into a ticket and have a look for you! 

Best,

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks both! @Ash Ringler HE Please let us know if you were able to make progress 😀