Hey Amplitude community,
I hope one of you have a solution to my issue here :D
‘Compare to past’ lets me compare to the same n days to the previous year. This comparison is date by date.
As weekdays change each year, is it possible to offset this comparison, so I compare monday - friday with monday - friday previous year?
I’m trying to make a performance dashboard, where I’ll compare sales performance with previous year. We want to compare weekdays instead of precise dates, as that is a better explaining factor for fluctuations.
Solutions I’ve tried so far
2 charts: current performance vs last year performance
- Current performance chart: daily view of last 7 days (May 12 - May 19)
- Last year performance chart: daily view of last 7 days, offset by 364 days
- I can’t present performance in the same chart
- Offset needs to be changed on leap year (I think)
‘Comparing to date range ending’ on custom date
- Current date range: last 7 days (May 12 - May 19)
- ‘Comparing to date range ending May 20’
- I doubt custom end date moves as days go by. Only useable for the specific week (May 12 - May 19)
1 chart where I see 7 days compared to previous year, comparing the same weekdays.
Best answer by eddie.gaonaView original