Solved

Best Practices for Source of Truth?

• 1 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I feel like I’ve seen particular charts have the ability to be labeled “Source of Truth” so that others can trust that this is how the data is shown. But I can’t seem to find it. I know recently there is the “Metrics” feature, which can also have a Source of Truth mechanism. So have the two combined or something?

I’m trying to organize our company’s metrics in one place so that all stakeholders will be using the same charts and talk about the same data. So to have a centralized place to access all of this data would be great. 

The fact the Metrics are currently blended with the Experiment Metrics is cool, but now it’s another source that people have made random stuff in the past that is muddying our results here. 

Overall, I think Metrics is probably the way to go. But I just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything that I remember seeing in the past. 

icon

Best answer by Matrak 1 December 2022, 09:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 
I tried to do it on my charts, notebooks and dashboards. It seems the only things I can define as “sources of truth” are dashboards and objects from object management (custom events, metrics, segements, cohorts). 

I just have to hover my cursor next to titles while editing and then click on the logo that appears (as seen on the picture above). I suppose you need to have an admin status within your company’s Amplitude to be able to do that, as it makes you the co-owner of the content.

to have a centralized place to access all of this data would be great. 

To centralize your data in Analytics, you can create spaces in which you can “pin” contents (charts, notebooks or dashboards) so that they appear on top of everything else. Just add your coworker to them and you will all have access to the same content that has been added to the spaces.

You can also define your content as templates so that people can find them easily and take inspiration from it. 

Hope I could help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for helping out @Matrak! 😀