Solved

Amplitude time zone setting

• 12 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

hi there,

How do I ensure our data in London time (GMT / GMT + 1 in summer)? 

Is UTC same is GMT in Amplitude?  It’s default by UTC in Amplitude.  Will be i able to switch to GMT? 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by dangrainger 12 October 2023, 19:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @sysph. This article should show you the technical differences between UTC and GMT: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html

In practice they’re the same time (used in UK, then with an hour added during daylight savings over summer months).

To ensure your Amplitude project has the correct time zone applied, head the to Project Settings (found under Organization Settings via the cog in the top right of the UI). You’ll see a Time Zone field where you can start typing in London to get UTC +1 (which will shift to UTC on October 29th, when all people who aren’t parents of young children get an extra hour in bed).

Badge +2

Hi @sysph. This article should show you the technical differences between UTC and GMT: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html

In practice they’re the same time (used in UK, then with an hour added during daylight savings over summer months).

To ensure your Amplitude project has the correct time zone applied, head the to Project Settings (found under Organization Settings via the cog in the top right of the UI). You’ll see a Time Zone field where you can start typing in London to get UTC +1 (which will shift to UTC on October 29th, when all people who aren’t parents of young children get an extra hour in bed).

Thanks @dangrainger 🤣 That’s a good one!  So the time shift automatically? I guess i don’t need to do anything rather than observing?   

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Should do, I didn’t have to do a thing when the clocks changed earlier this year

Badge +2

Should do, I didn’t have to do a thing when the clocks changed earlier this year

Thanks so much @dangrainger