Amplitude Mailchimp Integration

Related products: Data Management

MailChimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small business. MailChimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with smart marketing technology, award-winning support, and inspiring content.

With Amplitude's MailChimp integration, customers can now send events tracked in MailChimp to Amplitude and export Amplitude Cohorts to be used within MailChimp.

See our help doc here to setup the MailChimp integration for your org.

Hi @Product Team - I want to pass my Mailchimp audience to Amplitude, but the Mailchimp Integration selection is not available in the new Data Source interface. Is this a bug, or has this integration been deprecated already? Could you please advise?

Thanks, Calvin

Hi @calvintychan ! The Mailchimp integration is only available to paid customers both on Mailchimp and Amplitude as stated on the documentation. It’s possible that you won’t see this integration if you are not on the paid plans. Can you confirm if you are on the paid plan for both Mailchimp and Amplitude? If not for Amplitude, I’m happy to redirect you to our Sales team who can share more details! 

Thanks @belinda.chiu. I somehow missed the paid plan requirement.

We are currently on the free plan which is why we are not seeing this option. I’m assuming we can build this integration ourselves using Mailchimp webhook and Amplitude HTTP API?

Hi @calvintychan ! No worries and happy to have helped 🙂 If you are interested in upgrading, please connect with our Sales team at global-sdr@amplitude.com and they would gladly assist!

In terms of an alternative route, I believe it should be possible to build this integration yourself using Mailchimp webhook and Amplitude HTTP API given the HTTP API capabilities. Just a heads up that Amplitude Support will not be able to provide full support given that it isn’t an integration that we own and there is a limit to our expertise regarding other vendors. But if you have any questions about Amplitude’s HTTP API after reading our Help Center documentation, please feel free to check out Community posts to see if another person has asked/answered your question or start up a new post! 

Hi @Product Team 

I'm looking to integrate Amplitude and Mailchimp to send cohorts to Mailchimp. I've reviewed the documentation and I understand that both Amplitude and Mailchimp plans are required to import data from Mailchimp to Amplitude. However, I'm not sure about the opposite scenario. How does it work if I want to export data from Amplitude to Mailchimp?

Thanks, Pawel

Hi @Pawel Antoniak ! In order to send cohorts to Mailchimp, you will need access to the cohorts feature in Amplitude which is only available on paid plans or Scholarship plans. Unfortunately, I’m not too clear if a Mailchimp plan is needed to accept cohorts.

Hope this helps! 

Hi @belinda.chiu thank you for your response.

Have a nice day,
Pawel