Solved

What is the best alternative for measuring bouncerate on Amplitude?

• 20 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey everybody im new here!

I use Amplitude to measure how my A/B-test experiments are doing and one of the goals that I have for one of these A/B-tests is decreasing the bouncerate. 

I use now any active event as goal, but I’m not 100% sure if this is the right event to use. Since i’m not sure if an exit is also considered as an (active?) event. Anybody can help me with this?

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 21 April 2022, 10:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Abrahams ,

Thanks for writing in! 

I use Amplitude to measure how my A/B-test experiments are doing and one of the goals that I have for one of these A/B-tests is decreasing the bouncerate. 

I use now any active event as goal, but I’m not 100% sure if this is the right event to use. Since i’m not sure if an exit is also considered as an (active?) event. Anybody can help me with this?

How are you defining this in the Experiment goals? Can you link me a URL to the Experiment? 

Any Active Event will show you the users who have done any event that was marked as active. If they only did inactive events such as Push Notifications, they would not count. A website's bounce rate is calculated by dividing the number of single-page sessions by the number of total sessions on the site. Taking this knowledge, you could use Formulas in event segmentation to see the event totals for Start Session events(if you have it implemented) and use that number when dividing by the users who have done one in a session. You might need to use something like this funnel chart to see who started an event and did not have any event afterwards, dropped off. 

I hope this helps!

Badge

Thanks this helped! 

I’m using any active event