Solved

[Dashboard API] Is there a possibility of data being pruned when using Results from an Existing Chart

• 16 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m curious if there is a chance of data being pruned or failing to response due to massive chart data when using Dashboard API’s Results from an Existing Chart endpoint.

I’m implementing a feature something similar to:

• a feature where users can view their profile’s page view counts.
  • users can view who viewed their profile within the last few days, etc.

So the chart I’ve created is basically page view events grouped by profile ID which will scale as more profile (users) are created.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 16 February 2022, 17:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @json 

Yes. There is a possibility of chart results getting pruned in the Dashboard REST API responses and it may vary depending on the chart type.

I tried looking at this by creating a simple segmentation chart grouped by user id and calling that chart id on  https://amplitude.com/api/3/chart/CHART_ID_HERE/query

The CSV export of that chart gave me a list of ~ 1300 users whereas the chart api response (seriesLabel) had ~1000 user ids. We sometimes get a prunedResult key in that response, but not sure how that gets set.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @Saish Redkar ,

How to get full chart result without pruning in REST API?

I am also working on similar tasks and stuck at chart result data getting pruned which we don’t want to happen.

Do we have any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for you support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Answered in this post on an alternative if you are querying on Event Segmentation chart: