what's an example or tutorial of Amplitude with Flutter (custom actions)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am building a Flutter app and would like to instrument it with a Custom Action so I can send events to Amplitude.

However, I haven’t seen an example of how to use the flutter-amplitude pub.dev package with a Flutter app in this way.

I searched here and Stack overflow and haven’t been able to find an example.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @assembly ,

So you are looking to create an event that is custom through the SDK, correct? Or am I misunderstanding? Custom events can only be made through the Amplitude UI. You would then need to fire the events that make up the custom event from the Flutter SDK. 

If I misunderstood, please feel free to elaborate!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here @assembly 😃 I noticed that you found some support in this thread and wanted to close the loop. Please keep us posted if you need anything else! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The documentation turned out to be incorrect int he Amplitude site.  I found the right way to add Event Properties in the GitHub.

Userlevel 2
Badge

But I would suggest correcting the docs under SDK Flutter -- it would’e saved me a couple of hours of time...old documentation that generates errors is very 😡

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @assembly ,

Can you post the update code here so I can let the Engineers know and they can update the docs? Thank you!