Use event properties to retroactively update user properties?

• 20 June 2022
  • 3 replies

I should have sent some data as an identify call, but it was sent as an event instead.

(First time with Amplitude, just kicking the tires, but we already got a bunch of users).

Is there any way to retroactively use this to update user properties, or am I out of luck? I’m asking because user properties allow us to run lots of fun analyses in a chart that we can’t do with event properties.

It would be really cool to be able to configure user properties using event properties in the web app, but this doesn’t seem possible...

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @mizzao 

I don’t think it’s currently possible to retroactively map event properties into user properties. Those properties will have to be set explicitly as user properties via the Identify Call and use them in charts moving forward.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you @Saish Redkar 😀 @mizzao I wanted to make sure you were aware of our product feedback program. This is the best channel to connect with the team and have an impact. We can’t wait to stay in touch as you continue to make progress with Amplitude. Please keep us updated here on how it goes! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Welcome to the Amplitude community @mizzao. I can’t wait to keep in touch!