Solved

Tracking Multiple Products on Order Confirmation Page

• 30 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, I am new to Amplitude Analytics and I was going through Revenue tracking documentation and $revenue, price and $quantity are the only parameters I see.

1. If my application has multiple products that the user can buy at once, do I have to pass the total quantity of all the products as quantity and what would be passed in price?
  1. Also for a B2C ecommerce application, how can we effectively track the whole product performance funnel (impression, view, add to cart, checkout and purchase). Impression, view and add to cart can be Events which can take product properties. How do I pass multiple product information in checkout and purchase events?
icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 1 July 2021, 10:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Good morning @ram_manohar ! Denis here with Amplitude support. Happy to help!

1. If my application has multiple products that the user can buy at once, do I have to pass the total quantity of all the products as quantity and what would be passed in price?
    I would have an event for each item that is purchased. So, if you have Product A costing $3 with a quantity of 2, I would log that as one event for that purchase and do this for every individual product purchase. So Product A would be $price - 3, $quantity - 2 and the $revenue would then be $6.

2. Also for a B2C ecommerce application, how can we effectively track the whole product performance funnel (impression, view, add to cart, checkout and purchase). Impression, view and add to cart can be Events which can take product properties. How do I pass multiple product information in checkout and purchase events?
    This would be down to your own implementation but what customers usually do is pass the product IDs of the purchase as an array in an event property such as ProductsOrdered [“Product A”, “Product B”, “Product C”]. So you have events such as Purchase Product A, B, C etc and then a final event that contains your items ordered in an area. I hope that makes sense!

If there is any confusion, do not hesitate to write back to me! Thank you and have a great day!

Badge

Thanks @Denis Holmes for the reply. This is clear!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Denis Holmes @ram_manohar do you create these individual events instead of instrumenting a purchase event? In GA we had a purchase event. Thanks