Solved

Start Session and End Session Events not firing

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I created a start session and end session test to run on my iOS application, but the events are not firing. I’ve read what qualifies as a started/ended session, and the criteria is being met; however, those events will not fire at all. I have other tracking running on my application that works perfectly fine, but I can’t seem to figure out why it won’t for start session. If anyone knows why this may be happening or can think of a work around, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 17 August 2022, 12:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @dexterrenick,

Thank you for writing this post!

Are you ingesting data via our iOS SDK? Are you referring to the Amplitude Start Session and End Session events or your custom start and end session events? 

Please let me know!

Hi @dexterrenick,

Thank you for writing this post!

Are you ingesting data via our iOS SDK? Are you referring to the Amplitude Start Session and End Session events or your custom start and end session events? 

Please let me know!

Hi @Yuanyuan Zhang , yes I am referring to those start session and end session events.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @dexterrenick

Thanks for the confirmation! Currently we do not have other customers report the same issue so the SDK itself should be working fine. Did you add the correct code for the iOS SDK: 

[Amplitude instance].trackingSessionEvents = true;

Does it nor fire for some users for all users?