s3 to amplitude import

Hi,

I’m trying to import events to amplitude from s3 following the steps mentioned here.

https://developers.amplitude.com/docs/amazon-s3-import-guide#optional-manage-event-notifications

I successfully created Amazon S3 import source and my data file(events.json) contains 1 event as below,

{  "action": "watch tv",  "user": "sucheth13@gmail.com",  "device": "host1",  "event_properties": {    "business_id": "123"  },  "user_properties": {    "utm_channel_c": "discovery",    "utm_channel_s": "network"  },  "epoch": "1645066434189",  "session_id": "1",  "app_version": "1"}

My converter config : 

{
    "converterConfig": {
        "fileType": "json",
        "compressionType": "none",
        "convertToAmplitudeFunc": {
            "event_type": "action",
            "user_id": "user",
            "device_id": "device",
            "event_properties": {
                "business_id_encid": "business_id"
            },
            "user_properties": {
                "utm_channel_category": "utm_channel_c",
                "utm_channel_source": "utm_channel_s"
            },
            "time": "epoch",
            "session_id": "session_id",
            "app_version": "app_version"
        }
    },
    "keyValidatorConfig": {
        "filterPattern": ".*\\.json"
    }
}

So according to the documentation,

​​​​

event_type should be mapped on to action, user_id should be mapped on to user. Etc from my ingested data file.

However that is not the case, I cannot see this event on amplitude. 

Also In the below screenshot why is converted data sample still showing fields from my ingested data, shouldn’t it be the fields from converter config ?

What am I doing wrong here ?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @sucheth13

My colleague is looking into this issue with the engineering team. I will post updates here, too, once it’s solved. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best,

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @sucheth13

As my colleague Sydney has mentioned in her email, our Engineering team has resolved the issue. Please feel free to reply to her if it’s still not working. 

Best,