Solved

Renaming events

• 31 January 2022
  • 5 replies

👋 Hello hello,

I'm trying to update my tracking plan and to rename some events in my data plan :

• I've renamed events in the Data Govern section from Amplitude (“Event A” renamed to “Event B”)
  • Our developers have then updated the event name in the Tracking plan on the back-end (“Event A” renamed to “Event B”)

But, it creates a new event "Event B", instead of sending directly the data to the Event B (previously named Event A) on Amplitude. Meaning we have now two events “Event B”.

By the way, we’re using Segment, I don’t know if this could have an impact.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks  🙏

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 1 February 2022, 16:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kim.gi ,

I have responded to your in a PM about the use of the custom event instead to mitigate this. However, It was my understanding that the customer should be able to send in the new name and it should attach to the event that was renamed. If you can respond to my PM when you get the chance, we can look into this further. 

Kind Regards,
Denis

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @kim.gi 

Here’s a post which tries addressing this issue.

Hope this helps further.

Hi @Saish Redkar , Hi @Denis Holmes 

I have the exact same question. I am adding unexpected events into tracking plan and change their name. This does not reflect on the event but it creates a new event. Previously, before having Data govern, I was able to change display name of the events. Change the display name for an event is not very clear in the documentation. What is the missing action in my case? I don’t want to change raw data name but I want to change display name?

Can be the reason these events are already used in charts?

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047138392

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @elif ,

Would you be so kind as to post this question on a separate Amplitude community post? One of the team members can then reach out for support to you. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Denis

The same question concerns me as well. The unexpected events are being added to the tracking plan and their names are being changed. An event is created but does not appear on the existing one.