longitude and latitude in Ampitude

• 18 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/215562387-User-property-definitions

In the doc, it says the longitude and latitude of the users would be tracked automatically however when I checked in chart, it all shows None. How can I turn on the location tracking? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @yaqi 

This one kinda intrigues me. I was always under the impression that the lat long properties somehow were tied with the IP address property. But I have never seen any values for those properties, not even in the demo projects.

A quick doc search gives me only 2 results on lat long.

The second result seems to point their usage in the Android SDK in the enableLocationListening() function. It say that this will enable location listening in the SDK and will add the user's current lat/lon coordinates to every event logged. Curious to know if anyone out here has used this setting.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Piggy-backing off of @Saish Redkar’s comment -- @yaqi, how are you currently sending data to Amplitude?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @yaqi I hope all is well. 😃 I wanted to close the loop here and confirm that you have everything you need. We’re here to help!