Solved

Is there an API to export a chart as an image?

• 30 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello 👋

I’m trying to find an Amplitude API to do what the Slack and Notion integrations do when pasting a chart URL: generate an image to embed the chart.

Is there a public API for this use case or is it only internal to Amplitude at the moment?

icon

Best answer by munroek-amp 4 October 2022, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @SamyPesse! Apologies for the delay. Regarding something similar to the Slack and Notion integrations where the chart URL generates an image to embed the chart, the closest thing we have to that is creating a public link. May I ask for your use case for the API to preview charts so that I may submit a feature request on your behalf?

Hey @munroek-amp 👋 Thank you for the reply. The use-case is to implement an integration with GitBook (https://www.gitbook.com).

GitBook is a knowledge management platform for technical teams (developers, product team); and as an Amplitude customer ourselves, we’d love to include an integration with Amplitude to ease the insertion of Amplitude chart into documents.

If there is no public API to support this use-case. Who should I talk with to discuss a partnership?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We appreciate that you would like to partner up with us in order to include integration with Amplitude, @SamyPesse. To get started, please head on over to our partner application, here, to get started!

Thank you @munroek-amp I already submitted an application a few weeks ago and signed the NDA. I’ll wait for an answer :)