Solved

Is it possible to ignore user in a funnel and to hold a property consistent instead?

• 11 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

We’ve got a funnel of events that can be completed by multiple users, but they would all have a common “company” property. Is it possible to hold an event property constant across a funnel rather than the user id? Our current funnel drops any company who progresses across multiple users.

icon

Best answer by ning.chang 5 January 2022, 09:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Neel 

You can use the holding constant clause if you have instrumented the desired property for every event in your funnel. More on that here - https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053338671#holding-properties-constant-and-session-based-funnels

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Badge

Thanks, Saish. I’ve given this a try already, and I don’t think it’s quite right. It seems like this is a method of making sure a session only progresses down the funnel if both the user and the property are the same. I want to totally disregard user, and I only want to see if there are events with a given property that go down the funnel.

We have multiple companies that use our product, and each company has multiple users. I would like to be able to tell if some combination of multiple users from a given company progress down the funnel. When I holding constant clause, it still doesn’t seem to catch the fact that many of these companies are progressing down the funnel because it isn’t a single user all along the way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey Neel,

Thanks for clarifying the use case. Have you tried filtering the funnel events on that particular property? If you have instrumented group properties, then a chart like this might help. To my understanding, this focuses on counting unique accounts completing the funnel instead of users.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @Neel! I am not sure if you figured this out, but wanted to point out that Amplitude has an add-on feature called Accounts that addresses this exact use case: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001765532-Accounts It is a paid feature though!