HTTP 400 Bad Request on Event Segementation

• 26 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi

I have issue when trying to call event segmentation 

I am trying to call this out

This is my url

https://amplitude.com/api/2/events/segmentation?e={"event_type":"identifai_register","filters":[{"subprop_type":"event","subprop_key":"response.message","subprop_op":"is","subprop_value":["Successfull%20Register%20New%20Account"]}],"group_by":[{"type":"event","value":"user_profile_data.company"},{"type":"event","value":"user_profile_data.email"}]}

I hit via postman and keep getting HTTP 400: Bad Request (Unable to create definition from arguments)

Thank you!

BR,

Almira

icon

Best answer by Amplitude Admin 5 July 2022, 14:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @almira

Thank you for writing this post! 

I understand you are making a Dashboard API call, but got the 400 error. Usually this error means something is this request is not correct. I can see all the types in your request is “event”, can you check if all the properties you queried in the chart are event properties? How many days are you querying in the chart? 

Best,

Badge

Hi @Amplitude Admin Thanks for replying

Ya i forgot to include the date (start & end) and the days.

But is there any possibility in the future to update the error message so we have clear message what is missing or not correct. I think it would be helpful.

BR,

Almira

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @almira 😁 Thanks for this feedback. I’ll share it with the product team for consideration. So glad that you’re a part of our community!