Solved

How to pass and analyse the value of the field of a form?

• 25 May 2021
  • 2 replies

On the home page of my website, we ask for zip code, name and email ID of the user. 

Under which taxonomy should I pass the input value by the users for these fields. 

Please know that there can be a lot of values for these fields. 

Also, once the values are passed, how can I download the list of these values to analyse it?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 25 May 2021, 18:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ppanchal 
Assuming your use case is a “User Signed Up” event, the easiest way would be to pass in those fields as user properties for a given user as the fields you mentioned are user attributes which don’t really change frequently for the user.

As per Amplitude Docs, there is no limit to the number of property values you can send. 

Also, once the values are passed, how can I download the list of these values to analyse it?

Not quite sure I understood this, but you can analyze these values by a simple Event Segmentation Chart using a group by clause. 

If you have a different use case of analyzing your data outside of Amplitude, then you can

• Download the list of users ( as a .csv ) for a datapoint using Microscope
  • Use the Export API to analyze your user property values from the raw event data 

Let me know if I have interpreted your question correctly.

Hope this helps!

Note: If you are capturing the user’s name and email in a property, then I would suggest taking into consideration the GDPR Compliance side of things.

Userlevel 4

Hi @ppanchal

@Saish Redkar  brings up a bunch of great points! A couple of things I just wanted to clarify as well.

ppanchal wrote:

As per Amplitude Docs, there is no limit to the number of property values you can send. 

Yes, there isn’t necessarily a limit to the number of property values you can send at the time of a single event— however, it is still important to keep in mind that for a specific event or user property, the Amplitude platform will only let you select the first 1,000 values sent to Amplitude from the dropdown menus (the dropdown menu will not autocomplete the strings for values that exceed that threshold). 

And to Saish’s last point, we recommend against sending PII to Amplitude wrt compliance with data security policies.

But otherwise, I’d say that the method of downloading users here would be a great way to capture user properties from events.