Solved

How to know about users coming from Google ads ?

• 27 September 2022
  • 5 replies

I ran some ads on Google, and now I would like to know what those users are doing on my platform.

I have connected data sources with Google ads. In the user properties, I see three new properties-

1. utm campaign
  2. uthm source
  3. utm medium

but I see only ‘Daily ad metrics’ being logged when I use these filters.

My idea is, when I create segmentations, funnels, I should be able to filter out users who are coming from Google ads.

If anyone can help me, that will be great. TIA.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 27 September 2022, 22:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @tanzque 

Can you verify if these users have the utm properties captured as user properties in the raw data via user lookup?
If these are captured properly and you have approved these new user properties via Data or Govern, then a chart like this should be possible - https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/hkb3zbz

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I would like to know in response to Saish’s above question too :) Hi👋 @Saish Redkar ! 

Hey @tanzque 

Can you verify if these users have the utm properties captured as user properties in the raw data via user lookup?
If these are captured properly and you have approved these new user properties via Data or Govern, then a chart like this should be possible - https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/hkb3zbz

I believe so. Here are the approved user properties. The screenshot is from Data → properties → user properties.

But, when I visit user lookup and use advanced filters, the events logged for these users are ‘daily ad metrics’. That’s it. I was expecting these users will have events similar to regular users.

Data → user properties. Reference for the 1st point.

User lookup- advanced filters. Reference for 2nd point.
event logs for users filtered on the second image

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @tanzque ,

Would you be able to send me a direct link to one of the user profiles so I can take a look? From the screenshot, it would seem that the users are simply only getting events of that name. Have you sent in other events of different event_types? Are all these events coming from Google Ads? If you can link a user, I can investigate further,thanks!

Kind Regards,

Denis

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Denis Holmes 👋🏻 !

@tanzque Denis will be able to help out better in this case and see what’s going on as he has the access to your raw org data :)