Solved

How to hide or remove unnecessary events?

• 3 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Good afternoon!
We happen to have too many events that clog up the user path and it's hard for me to keep track of it. How can I hide unnecessary events from the output without having to change the program code?
I tried to change Visability of events, but it didn’t help. I keep seeing them in User Lookup and in the Amplitude events list on Charts.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 3 August 2022, 20:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Alina_D 

You can choose to hide these events using the visibility status in Govern from the following places -

So if you have selected all these options, these events won’t appear in chart dropdowns and pathfinder charts. However, these would still be visible in your raw event data.

If you are still seeing them under the chart dropdowns, can you confirm if the Hidden from Dropdowns is checked marked? Could be a bug if you are still seeing them inspite of hiding it or just another backend<> frontend change delay.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot! Does it work only for paid version? I have:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Alina_D 

The screenshot you shared seems to be of Data (Beta) UI.

Can you go to Govern and try this workflow?

The Govern doc says that The features covered here are available for all plan types” and the visibility one comes under these features.

@belinda.chiu can you chime in here? Do customers have access to both Govern and Data at the same time or is it still an opt-in/opt-out feature?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alina_D ! Personas and Pathfinder charts are only available to customers on the Enterprise, Growth, and Scholarship plans which if you are on the Starter/free plan, you will not see the hidden from “Pathfinder Results” and “Personas Results” option since you don’t have access to those charts. 

What you should have selected though (“Hidden from Dropdowns”) should at least prevent you from seeing the event in the Amplitude events list on Charts. Is that not the case? 

As Saish has said, you will still see the events in your raw event data/in User Lookup.