Solved

How do we look at the error logs when an S3 import ingest job has failed

• 29 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi community,

We set up an amazon s3 connection to ingest parquet files. The connection is working fine, we have already ingested several files. Although one of the ingested jobs has failed, there is a link to download the error logs but that link redirects to the Events table in the Amplitude Data page.

How do we look at the error logs when an S3 import ingest job has failed?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by belinda.chiu 29 July 2022, 19:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Elena 

I haven’t used S3 imports, but have used Snowflake Ingest for our ingestion. I’m assuming here that the “Ingestion Jobs” functionality works the same in both cases.

I was told that the failed error logs link has a 21-day expiration window. If you are accessing download link for that error log within 21 days of being generated, it should ideally download a json file of errors. Trying to download this outside the 21 day window redirected me to a random XML missing key error page since the logs were purged out.

It could be a bug if you are still being redirected to the Events table in the Amplitude Data page if you are well within this window. Or just one of their random weird expected behaviors ( the Ingestion Jobs UI is pretty buggy atm from my experience ).

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

HI @Elena ! Thanks for writing in and happy to help! We did have a similar bug that was resolved yesterday where the Ingestion Logs for Snowflake Ingest on Amplitude Data would redirect to the Events table in Amplitude Data. Though it’s for a different warehouse import, I think it should help out with what you’re seeing as well. For your S3 import on Amplitude Data page, is the redirecting still happening today as well? If it is, I’ll go ahead and file a bug report to the Engineering team!

In the meantime, the workaround is to take the URL and switch data.amplitude.com to analytics.amplitude.com and the file will download there. 

Thank you both for your replies, the error logs link is working properly now indeed!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Elena ! That’s great to hear and thank you for the update! :)