Solved

How can I track Gross Transaction Volume?

Badge

I’m pretty new to Amplitude so I apologize whether this has been answered or not.

What would be the best way for me to track Gross Transaction Volume per month? 

It’s super simple. We’d like to send the money moved in a banking app we’re developing and see the aggregate of the transactions per month. 

I’ve been tinkering a bit with the Revenue properties, and seeing how could this potentially be solved by the revenue tracking:

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/230680867-The-Revenue-LTV-chart-Track-how-well-you-re-monetizing-new-users

I’m also sending the events through Segment. 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 6 July 2022, 22:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jose.asilis 

Welcome to the Community.

Depending on your use case and instrumentation preference, you can either choose to go with revenue specific events as mentioned in the doc or go with normal events instrumented with a numerical revenue property denoting the amount associated.

There is a caveat in using the Revenue LTV chart i.e it focuses only on new users during the selected time frame as mentioned in the doc.

You can however use a normal event segmentation chart and use the Sum of Property Value metric to calculate the total sum per month. Something similar to this demo chart in AmpliFinancials .

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Badge

Hey @jose.asilis 

Welcome to the Community.

Depending on your use case and instrumentation preference, you can either choose to go with revenue specific events as mentioned in the doc or go with normal events instrumented with a numerical revenue property denoting the amount associated.

There is a caveat in using the Revenue LTV chart i.e it focuses only on new users during the selected time frame as mentioned in the doc.

You can however use a normal event segmentation chart and use the Sum of Property Value metric to calculate the total sum per month. Something similar to this demo chart in AmpliFinancials .

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Saish, that is exactly it!!

That’s one of the things I found out! Yes! IT’s exactly as that demo shows! Thank youuu