How can I see all events for a particular device ID (not user ID)?

Badge

Hello,

I would like to see all events happening on my device. I know there’s the option to see events for a particular user ID, but I don’t find how to do it for a device ID.

I would like to do that in order to track offline events happening on my iOS mobile app.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lina

Device ID is available as a default user property and can be used to query in an event seg chart

https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/8hj8zyz

Amplitude also has an event explorer to view events streams in realtime, which can show the events you’re firing as you fire them.You can configure this to your device ID and see the events.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly.

Badge

Thanks Saish! With that graph, I’m seeing the total number of events for a particular device ID, but not the event name and the event timeline.

In the event explorer, when I’m looking for my device ID, I have to select one of the users based on my search in order to see events in real time. I cannot just see all events for my device ID.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Lina this is not currently possible within the platform. However, we are always looking out for ideas on how we can improve the Amplitude experience for our users. Please do submit this feature request in Product Ideas (Product ideas | Community)! Our Product team looks at this section to understand the most popular feature requests from the Community, and takes this into consideration while building out our product roadmap.