Solved

Grouping users by user properties

• 2 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey team,

I am new to Amplitude, we want to track the number of users who have accepted access to contacts and location.

We were thinking to have access_to_contacts be a boolean value for a user property. I then want to count the percentage of active users over time who have accepted contact access, would using access_to_contacts as a user-property then grouping users by this property be the best way to see the change of this value with time ? 

Similarly we are looking to see how many users people follow - would the best way be to track this again be creating a user property and then using group by ?

Thank you ,

Cara

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 2 July 2021, 06:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @CaraDavies 
Yes. Having access_to_contacts set as a user property in the form of a boolean value would work here.

A couple of ways to count the percentage of active users over time depending on how you want to interpret your data would be - 

I’m using a boolean user property “Credit Card Saved” from the AmpliCart demo project to showcase the above cases.

For your second question, I believe the “users people follow” could be a numerical user property which gets updated every time a user performs that particular event. In this way, the latest property value would display the number of followers for that user. You can then use a combination of group by and some “Properties” metric to analyze the values.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps!

Badge

Hey @Saish Redkar thank you very helpful !! Yes you did interpret the question correctly. 

The team will implement these changes and I will let you know if we run into any problems. 

Really appreciate it ,

Cara