Solved

Get session ID for UXCAM

• 20 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

My team is using Amplitude on our react-native projects (@amplitude/react-native@2.3.3). We’re also using UXCAM to track user’s interactions with our apps. What we would like to do is to link both Amplitude and UXCAM, and we came across this article (https://help.uxcam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050569672-Amplitude). Quite easy to understand but we have an issue with the last part (Log Amplitude metadata with UXCam). It says we need to get the Amplitude session ID to give it to UXCAM so it can link Amplitude events with UXCAM sessions. But we can’t seem to find this session ID anywhere. Nor can we find the “getSessionID” method. Do we need to install another library or will it be added in the future ?

Thanks for you Help !

Camille

icon

Best answer by jmagg 25 August 2021, 10:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Camille, 

Thank you for clearly stating your situation! Have you enabled user sessions for Amplitude’s React Native SDK?

Badge

Hi,

Yes I did using this

Amplitude.getInstance().trackingSessionEvents(true);

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Camille, 

Thank you for letting me know! I have reached out to our Engineering team to determine if there is a way to get the session ID from a React Native instance. 

I will be in touch!

Badge

Thanks a lot jmagg !

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Camille, 

I have heard back from our Engineering team -- at the moment, getting session ID is not available for the current React Native SDK. However, adding this functionality has been targeted for the next sprint!

Badge

Hi !

Thank you very much for the answer and the help !