Solved

Event Streaming to GA4

• 16 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi,

did anyone managed to successfully use data destination event stream to Google Analytics 4? I’m using one event from Amplitude for POC, and everything seems to be okay, but there is no event in GA4. 

So if someone managed to do it, was there anything specific you had to do (that is not in documentation)?

icon

Best answer by sydney.koh 21 September 2022, 01:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi!

How are you exporting the event to Google Analytics 4 from Amplitude right now? Is it this integration:

https://www.docs.developers.amplitude.com/data/destinations/google-analytics-4/?h=google+anal#prerequisites 

Best,

Sydney 

Badge

Hi Sydney, yes - this streaming destination setup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi! 

We are going to turn this into a ticket to investigate further! We will reach out to your over email.

Best,

Sydney

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We reached out to your over email!

Badge

We reached out to your over email!

Thanks

Are you able to share your solution? We enabled the integration and followed the steps in the GA4 Event Streaming doc. Its been a few days and even though Amplitude is showing 100% delivery rate, I’m not seeing any of the forwarded events in GA4.

Hi, I’m having the same issue. 99.9% delivery rate but I don’t see anything in GA4. Are there further steps to be taken in GA4 like creating custom events or will that be created automatically with the Amplitude integration? 

Same thing here. Anyone find a solution?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@msnyder @Niksangh @Soul Shifters 

The original issue turned out to be a bug which required further investigation to by our Engineering Team.

If you're still experiencing problems with Event Streaming to GA4, could you please help us out by submitting a bug report using the ticket submission form found here: Ticket Submission Form. Providing the following details in your submission will greatly assist us in our investigation:

• Double-check that you have correctly set up event forwarding, including enabling the "Events are sent to GA4" toggle, selecting the events to be sent, and ensuring that all events have a GA4 Client ID or App Instance ID.
  • Share the link to the GA4 destination.
  • Let us know which specific event types are affected and provide links to them if possible.

Your cooperation is much appreciated!