Solved

Delete individual event properties where multiple event properties exists

• 1 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I’d like to delete just one of the event properties that exists in multiple events. There is no option that allows me to delete just one of these event properties. 

The ‘delete’ option is only enabled when selecting ALL event properties. 

How do I delete just ONE of these event properties without effecting the others?

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 12 September 2022, 16:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Chad

Thank you for writing this post! 

You should be able to create a new branch to do edits on. On this new branch, you should be able to go into the event and then remove the event property. Once you publish and merge the changes into your main branch, the event property for that event should no longer be there. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @Chad

Thank you for writing this post! 

You should be able to create a new branch to do edits on. On this new branch, you should be able to go into the event and then remove the event property. Once you publish and merge the changes into your main branch, the event property for that event should no longer be there. 

Hope this helps!

Hi Yuanyuan,

This does NOT work. See the documented steps above with images as I’ve tried these steps. 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Chad

I checked with the engineering team regarding deleting an individual event property. Currently, it is not possible to delete an event prop from a specific event after it has been ingested. This is the case in govern as well, and is a limitation of our system.

One thing you can do is using block filters, block that event prop from being ingested for that event, and then hide that prop from charts and drop-downs. This way that prop would not appear anywhere outside the tracking plan!