Solved

Connecting MMP data with AppsFyler

• 2 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everyone!

At my company, we are trying to connect attribution data from AppsFlyer (Our MMP) to Amplitude, so we can know which platform/campaign/ad/adset each user is coming from.

But because of the privacy policies of some of the platforms like Facebook and Twitter for example, the installs show as organic on Amplitude. https://support.appsflyer.com/hc/en-us/articles/211200306-Amplitude-integration-with-AppsFlyer

Any idea how we can fix that? I read about a work-around with the HTTP API, but would love to hear from you all.

icon

Best answer by sydney.koh 4 March 2022, 04:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Andrew!

Your research is correct! At this time, the only current potential workaround would be export the raw data from AppsFlyer and send it to Amplitude using our HTTP API. I believe this is the correct AppsFlyer documentation on how to export raw data: https://support.appsflyer.com/hc/en-us/articles/209680773-Export-Data-Reports

Hope this helps let me know if you have more questions!

Best,

Sydney

Badge

Hi Sydney! 

Thank you for your reply. In this case though, how do we connect both data? What column from AppsFlyer do we connect users based on exactly?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Andrew!

While I would like to help you more on the instrumentation this is a custom instrumentation that would need to be set up on your end since I do not have insight on your product or Appsflyer account and needs. Are you asking how to connect the values sent through HTTP API and Appsflyer? If that is the case you will have to think of that configuration with your developers as it will depend on what details you decide to send versus use Appflyer for. There is no built out way to connect the data from both sources at this time The other question you have may be a better question for Appsflyer since I do not know the columns they have. 

Let me know if you have more Amplitude questions I can help with.

Best,

Sydney

Badge

Thank you so much for your help, Sydney! Appreciate it! :))

Mainly what I was looking for was understanding what is the common value that both platforms would be receiving that I can connect the data based on.