Solved

Can you limit users access to only certain parts of the data set?

I work for a FinTech company and its very important that we are able to limit the dataset to only the users who need access to that specific data (e.g iOS team only access to the iOS data). Is there a way to setup this sort of access within Amplitude? I know I can setup permissions and roles but thats only really about creating reports whereas I want to limit access to certain parts of the data layer. I don’t want to create new projects either.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 8 June 2022, 17:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Last time I checked, this was not possible but I’m following this thread in case there is an update from the Amplitude team. This is a blocker to us granting Amplitude access to more folks in our org. I would love if we could restrict certain users to only seeing certain events (maybe this will be possible with metrics in the future?) 

+1 on the need for this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @freelancer52 

From what I understand, that isn’t supported in Amplitude yet i.e. data masking based on users.
We had discussed this pain point with the Amplitude Team couple of years ago, but not sure if that is there yet in their product roadmap. The current set of user permissions allows either full access or no access based on the project. The only workaround is ingesting the data in a separate project, which you want to avoid as your mentioned.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks @SheenaGreen and @freelancer52. Please be sure to share any ideas that you have for our product in the dedicated forum. We appreciate it! 🙂