Solved

Can you force all events and properties to lowercase?

• 26 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Does Amplitude have a setting to force the casing of all events and their properties to a preferred casing standard (i.e. lowercase)?

This would be per Amplitude’s own Taxonomy recommendation.

I recall being told that this is possible, but looking through documentation, I can’t find any reference to it.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 27 October 2021, 00:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lachy 
Afaik, there isn’t an out of the box feature in Amplitude which helps in enforcing the casing of event names and properties. This is something which should be ideally taken care of in your instrumentation code while sending the events. However, you can leverage the Transformations feature in Govern to rename the desired events/properties to correct some common implementation mistakes. Note that this does not affect the raw data.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Hey @Lachy 
Afaik, there isn’t an out of the box feature in Amplitude which helps in enforcing the casing of event names and properties. This is something which should be ideally taken care of in your instrumentation code while sending the events. However, you can leverage the Transformations feature in Govern to rename the desired events/properties to correct some common implementation mistakes. Note that this does not affect the raw data.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @Saish Redkar , much appreciated