Solved

Can I suppress events before a particular date?

• 26 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We recently realized that a new event that we were sending to Amplitude had some errors, and we wanted to suppress this data from showing up till 5/15. The data after 5/15 is okay, so ideally, we’d like there to be 0 events before 5/15 for a particular event and all events after 5/15. Can this be done in Amplitude?

icon

Best answer by tracy.guo 27 May 2021, 00:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

For some reason I’m unable to edit the description of the question.

We recently realized that a new event that we were sending to Amplitude had some errors, and we wanted to suppress this data from showing up till 5/15. The data after 5/15 is okay, so ideally, we’d like there to be 0 events before 5/15 for a particular event and all events after 5/15. Can this be done in Amplitude?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jj41 
This might be something which could be done with the “Drop Filter” feature. Using this, you can remove specific event data from your charts at query time. 

However, the events are actually not deleted, and they can be restored to your charts simply by editing or deleting the drop filter. They will still appear in the user activity view and does not affect the raw data. Also, this is part of Govern, which is a paid add-on.

If the error had something to do with sending an incorrect event /property name, then you could try hiding/deleting or a transform/merge depending on what your actual use case is.

Hope I have interpreted your question correctly. Let me know if this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @jj41 ! The Drop Filter feature that @Saish Redkar linked sounds like the best fit for the use case that you described. To create a drop filter, navigate to Govern > Advanced > Drop Filters. As Saish mentioned, the “dropped” events are only dropped from chart results and the events will still appear in the individual user streams.

One correction is that Drop Filters are actually now available for all users. Previously, while we were still beta testing the feature, it was limited to certain customers with the add-on, but now that the feature is no longer in beta, it is now available for all plan types!