Solved

Can I create a histogram of total time spent per user?

• 15 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I really like that I can see the Average Time Spent per User on my User Sessions chart. However, I’d also like to see the distribution and Median of Time Spent per User.

The chart, as far as I know, only allows me to see distribution of a session length. But that’s not what I want. It’s more relevant to me to see the distribution of total time spent per user.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 15 October 2021, 17:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @michellelim 

Afaik, there isn’t a direct way to visualize the distribution of Average Time Spent per User. The User Sessions chart only does the distribution of a session length as you mentioned. If this is something that provides value to your analysis, you can submit a feature/idea request over here

However, you can see the Median of the Time Spent per User metric in the Breakdown table below the chart. You can switch from the default Row Average to Row Median in there.

The export to csv option on the Average Time Spent per User chart will export the chart results data with the time in secs. You can do a quick distribution analysis outside Amplitude by downloading the csv over the desired time interval.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps!

Badge

Thank you, that was helpful! I will just perform my analyses in excel then.