Solved

Best path to building integration

• 25 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

I’m a founder of a company that acts as a source of data for quantitative and qualitative data (events + survey responses).

We would like to start investigating how our users can pipe data to amplitude. We accept the Amplitude API key and plan to use that to pipe the data off to Amplitude.

1. How are other integration partners building this logic?
  2. Are they using your SDKs or are they using the API?
  3. Are they batching the events and sending them off or do they call the API every time they receive an event?

What is your recommended way for building these integrations?

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 26 August 2022, 11:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @shawnmclean ,

Thanks for writing into Community Support! Denis here, happy to help. 

1. How are other integration partners building this logic?
    Do you mean how are other partners sending us data? I would suggest reading through our developer docs here. This will help you understand the various ways we send data through APIs or SDKs. Most partners are sending in the data through the HTTP API or with the SDKs. It would depend on their setup. You can also view our partner integration page here.
  2. Are they using your SDKs or are they using the API?
    Please see the above article I have linked with information on our SDKs and APIs. 
  3. Are they batching the events and sending them off or do they call the API every time they receive an event?
    It would depend on the system but for the most part, I believe the partners are sending in the data in real-time with the SDKs or the APIs. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow.-up questions!

Kind Regards,
Denis