Solved

Add list of values to event property

• 27 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I have a long list (80-100) of various product IDs that I want to add to various events. The IDs don’t have a common category, so usually I have to add them manually.

I’ve read posts about various matching (I’m new to using query and regex), so I hope Amplitude has some way for me to add all IDs to the property, by a simple copy-paste.

Usually when adding manually, it’ll look like the following image.

I’ve tried adding the IDs as a single string, but no matter which sort of matching I’m using, I’m getting 0 event hits.

Is there a smart way to do this? 

NB: ‘contains’ is dangerous to use as we have IDs (e.g. 1234) on the list, that also matches IDs (e.g. 12345 or 12346) outside the list.

icon

Best answer by Jacenda Davis 29 April 2021, 02:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello! Thanks for your question.

It is the case that by selecting the property values as a comma-separated list in the drop-down menu that you are filtering the chart for nav_link_click events that have a combination of the property values present (e.g. the event would have to include property values 11, 33, 6, and 14 simultaneously). This is likely why your chart is showing "0" results when you select this option. 

I would recommend you use the "=" operator and then input a comma-separated list of property values in the search bar. This should produce a list of each of the separate property values in the drop-down menu, then you can use the "Select All" option to select all of the property values individually at once as depicted below:
?name=inline1889177700.png​You could use a spreadsheet (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets, etc.) to create a comma-separated list of the property values, which you can then simply copy and paste into the search bar.

There is also an Adding a list of property values section available in our Help Center that can be found here: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035354552#:~:text=Add%20a,a%20time

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

How have I overlooked this feature the past million times I’ve working on product ID lists? o.O

Thanks a ton! This really saves hours upon hours of manual input.