Solved

409 Client Error on event update PUT

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 409 Client Error: Conflict for url: https://amplitude.com/api/2/taxonomy/event/XXXXX

I’m getting the above error when attempting to update an event via the Taxonomy API. The event updates perfectly on our Alpha build, but fails in production (making it difficult to troubleshoot).

The event in question appears to have an “Unexpected” tag in prod, so that might be a factor. I can’t find any documentation about a 409 error.

Is anyone able to assist?

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 28 January 2022, 14:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @matt ,

Thanks for contacting Amplitude Support! 

Would you be so kind as to send me the Org ID, Project ID and the call you are making(having removed sensitive info)? I can then look into this and see why it is occurring. I am not sure why it is occurring but I do know 409 are usually errors of conflict. If you send me the details, I can look into it for you. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Denis

Badge

Hi Denn

Hi @matt ,

Thanks for contacting Amplitude Support! 

Would you be so kind as to send me the Org ID, Project ID and the call you are making(having removed sensitive info)? I can then look into this and see why it is occurring. I am not sure why it is occurring but I do know 409 are usually errors of conflict. If you send me the details, I can look into it for you. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Denis

Hi @Denis Holmes ! I’ll direct message you that info.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @matt ,

Did you get my reply yesterday explaining the situation? I want to post it here for others to see.

The category was unexpected and this was causing the issue. If you plan the data and schema to include the event in the schema, you should then be able to use the API call without any issues. You can read more about that here. So in prod, I would make the "community welcome modal button clicked " event a planned event and then you should be able to use the Taxonomy API without issues. Oh, the API only works for events added to Schema. The “missing” event is under the Unexpected tab.

If there are any further questions or concerns, please write back to me here and I will help you :)

Kind Regards,
Denis