Solved

How to measure when an event is triggered twice in a row

• 12 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to count the number of unique users that trigger a particular event twice in a row (No other events in between), in a week.

What options do I have to achieve this?

We are currently on the free plan.

icon

Best answer by JennRu 12 July 2021, 18:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I am trying to count the number of unique users that trigger a particular event twice in a row (No other events in between), in a week.

What options do I have to achieve this?

We are currently on the free plan.

I’m not entirely sure what is possible under free plan, but you would have to create a custom event (Govern → Events → Create a custom event, the link is above the event list) that includes all the events except the one you are interested in.

Then you would set up Funnel analysis like this:

Where the event you are interested in would take the place of the HomeScreen events, and the custom event the place of SignUp or LogIn (which is one of our custom events).

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @rroestorf Have you tried setting up a funnel analysis chart with exact order? 

Exact order is a stricter version of this order, in that users will not be counted as converted if they fire other events in between the ones listed. In other words, they must fire the events in the funnel in a row (No other events in between). 

You can set up the funnel with the particular event of interest twice, exact order, and then define the “completed within x days” as 7 days to only show users who triggered the same event twice with no other events in between, in a given week. 

The users who convert in this funnel are the number of unique users that trigger a particular event twice in a row (No other events in between), in a week. Note: userId is always held constant by default in a funnel analysis, so userId must be consistent at the time both events trigger in order to leverage this conversion analysis. If userId is null, deviceId will be compared in the conversion steps.