Solved

Using the new "Data" product in Amplitude, how do you make an event "Inactive" after it's been deleted

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve just been forced into using Amplitude Data, as all the Govern settings have moved there.

In the process, I deleted some events which shouldn’t have been flowing.

Unfortunately. one of those events was marked as “Active” so showed up in all my “Any Active Events” charts.  When I go back into “Data” to find it and mark it as “Inactive”, it’s not coming up in the list.  I’ve also tried Creating the event again, but to no avail.

How can I make the event as Inactive?

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 6 April 2022, 10:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @VitruvianPete ,

Thanks for writing into Community! You should be able to click on the deleted event, restore it and then mark it as inactive and delete it again. Are you not able to do so? If not, can you PM me your Amplitude email and org ID? I can then look into it, thank you!

Kind Regards,

Denis

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @VitruvianPete ,

So if you go to your data(https://data.amplitude.com/vitruvian/Vitruvian%20Journey/events/main/latest) and you select the filters beside the search bar and click on "Deleted". Then if you search for the event Onboarding Quarter computed" , it should appear and you should then have the option to restore the event and follow the previous instructions I gave.

Let me know if you do not see the same UI and I will look into it again.

Regards,

Denis

Badge

Thanks @Denis Holmes - That solved my problem.