Solved

Redshift Export Public IPs

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

What are your (Amplitude’s) public IPs for connecting to external data warehouses as described in this doc: https://www.docs.developers.amplitude.com/data/destinations/redshift/#cloud-storage.  I cannot find documentation giving either a list of IPs or a CIDR block to whitelist for cluster operators.

If the requirement is all public IPs (which frankly is absurd), then do you allow using an SSH bastion host and tunneling traffic?  If so, where can I upload a public key to allow this connectivity to proceed?

I know that this is beta functionality, but I am looking to leverage it for a task internally to avoid having to use S3 as an intermediary layer and doing scheduled COPY operations.

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 16 September 2022, 10:22

View original

3 replies

looks related but our instance is not on a “VPN” as the other user describes.  I guess I just want to confirm that those same IPs are your public-facing IPs for data exports to whitelist in all cases and this is not a niche answer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @curtistrynowio ,

Apologies, we need to update the Redshift documentation, but you can whitelist the following:

I hope that helps!

Thank you.  That is very helpful to know!  I’ll continue this thread if for some reason I encounter issues with exporting data to Redshift but I am confident this will work given the above info.