Solved

Multiple instances of event properties

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why are there multiple instances of same event property with same data type created?? This is making me confused. Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 7 July 2022, 16:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Saish Redkar please help on this if you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @satya93 

I haven’t used Data (Beta) yet that extensively. But from whatever I have explored so far, here’s my best understanding for the issue

• the first instance in the list for tax property could be the one that is coming along with your instrumented and approved events ( CheckOutPageViewed,etc) in your schema
  • the second instance for the property might have been added via  the “Add Event Property” action in the UI. That’s why there aren’t any events showing up against it under the EVENTS column unlike the first instance. If you click on this one, the right navbar will probably show Events(0)
  • the third instance is the property which newly came in with your BookSalonPassClicked event, which isn’t approved and merged yet. Once this is done. I assume this event will show against the first instance.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you @Saish Redkar 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi!

Thanks again Saish! I also wanted to mention this multiple instances of the same property could be seen since different people could be making edits to their branches. This notification is to show that there is more than one property with the same name so when you go to approve the properties only the right one is approved. See here for some details let me know if you have questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank You @Saish Redkar and @sydney.koh for the help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@satya93 No problem! 

I wanted to mention one more thing! Instances can also be caused when the property is ingested with an event that has not been planned

Here is a workflow to avoid many instances:

1. Create event property once
  2. Plan multiple events 
  3. Add properties by clicking on Add Property within the event 
  4. Chose one of the already created properties